Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 6: a Fun Fact about Me

Well, you already know I love Pandas so I guess that's not a very fun fact about me...and you already know many little tidbits of information on my life...

But what you might not know is that in 1999, during my Freshman year at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, my basketball team went 31-0 to clinch the Division 1 State Championship Title.  We played at ARCO Arena (where the Sacramento Kings play) and won at the very last second...


I may not have played in that game (as I was the only Freshman on the team that year and therefore didn't see much action in the latter part of the season), but I was very much a part of that team. 

And I, with the rest of my team, was inducted into the Hall of Fame at Mitty in 2005 (which is quite the honor - other famous inductees include Kerri Walsh, Brandi Chastain, and many other spectacular athletes). 

2005 Hall of Fame Ceremony (I'm the one in green in case you were confused...and we're obviously missing most of our team)

And while this whole pregnancy thing forced me to stop playing basketball at 4 months in, I intend to rejoin my basketball team at The Olympic Club (yes, I'm still playing) as soon as possible...I cannot wait to get out there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment