Monday, September 6, 2010

How to Make an Everything Bagel Even Better

I don't know about you, but I absolutely love Everything Bagels...there's something so amazing about them.  The combo of the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, onion and sea salt (that was the blend on today's bagel) is a magical burst of flavor in your mouth.

And today we learned how to make an already amazing Everything Bagel even better (hard to believe that's possible, right?)Travis and I ventured off for coffee and a bagel at Aurora Coffee in Virgina Highland which is quite possibly the cutest neighborhood in Atlanta - yes, I'm biased.  We ordered two drip coffees and two everything bagels and proceeded to T.O.O.B. (shorthand for Toast Our Own Bagels, which I just made up and actually enjoyed because I had control over the toastiness...and I prefer to go light on the toast - there's nothing more upsetting than receiving a nearly burnt bagel).

Anywayyy, while our bagels were happily toasting away, Travis and I noticed something amazing to the left of the toasters...a sugar shaker FULL of Everything Bagel toppings...poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, onion and sea salt...the incredible combo just sitting there waiting to be utilized.


So how do you make an Everything Bagel even better than it already is?

Simple.  Have a sugar shaker full of Everything Bagel toppings readily handy in your home (or suggest to your local bagel shop that they create a shaker of their own), toast your bagel, add cream cheese, and finish it off by generously shaking the toppings onto your cream cheesed bagel.

If you love Everything Bagels as much as we do, you'll LOVE this addition to your next bagel...you can thank me later.

Enjoy! 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute blog! Love San Francisco but I don't live there :O( Am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you make me homesick! Virginia Highland rocks!
    We actually never went into Aurora.
    Great idea with the "everything" mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girlie Blog - I'm following you as well now...thanks for checking me out!

    And Mom, you guys MUST try Aurora when you head back to Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete