I had my monthly checkup this morning and I'm happy to report that Abby has a very strong heartbeat, she's growing like a weed, and she's extremely happy (I suppose you can't actually measure that last part, but she surely seems like a happy baby to me!).
As a first time Mommy and self-proclaimed worrier, you may think that I'd be the type to walk in every month with a laundry list of questions to ask my doctor about everything new that I've felt or experienced. But believe it or not, at 29 weeks, this was the first time I actually had any questions I really wanted answered (other than the ones at the very beginning: "Can I keep playing basketball?" "What is forbidden?" Etc.).
1. When and where should I get my flu shot?
2. Do I get a whooping cough vaccine now?
3. Does my husband need these shots as well?
1. Here and Now - I literally walked out of the doctor's office with my flu shot taken care of - brilliant!
2. No - not while pregnant - I will be getting this vaccine in the hospital once Abby has joined the world.
3. Yes and Yes - this is his homework assignment - and it's extremely important!
All I know is that I'm happy I asked some questions and I'm even happier that my flu shot has been administered!
Find out some more interesting information about the flu shot over at TapMommies - there's an eye-opening story that everyone should read: CDC Calls for Universal Flu Vaccines. How Come No One is Biting?