Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MAQs: How did the Snap N Go Work as a Travel Stroller?

Thanks to Megan B.B. over at The Memoirs of Megan, we officially have our first MAQ (or I should say soon-to-be-MAQ because Megan is currently pregnant with her first little one!).  So here goes nothing...

MAQ
How Did the Snap N Go Work as a Travel Stroller? 


7x7xMommy
As many of you know, I was a little nervous about traveling with a 3 month old.  It wasn't because I didn't think we could do it, it was simply because I'd never done it before and I didn't know what to expect (I call this "new Mommy fear of the unknown syndrome").  

In planning for the trip, I took into account all the activities we had in store and I knew we'd be walking...a LOT.  That basically meant one thing: we needed to bring a stroller.  And as much as I LOVE my BOB for our daily hour and a half long walks around San Francisco, I knew it would be a pain in the rear end to navigate (not to mention carry and fold up) such a massive stroller around the airport and in new cities.

Enter: a lightweight stroller...

After chatting with some experienced parents and observing smaller strollers in some frequently visited Mommy destinations (I know this is a stereotype, but think the grocery store and coffee shop), I decided to take my 20% off coupon to Babies'R'Us and purchase the Baby Trend Snap N Go stroller.


It was the best $60 I spent in a LONG time.  Well, I'm lying...I'm typically not the type to purchase warranties, but I spent $8.99 on a warranty for the Snap N Go.  It covers the stroller for 18 months and even protects against airport wear and tear (since many people mentioned how their strollers were DESTROYED by airport employees).  So I guess you could say it was the best $70 I spent in a LONG time.  

While the ride isn't nearly as smooth as the BOB, the Snap N Go is a fantastic lightweight travel stroller for the following reasons:

1. It weighs nothing...well, it's 12 pounds but compared to my BOB (and compared to Abigail), it's light as a feather.

2. It folds up easily...I was able to hold Abigail in one arm and fold the stroller up with the other.  It's that easy.  

3. It's small...so not only is it light, but it's easy to navigate in crowded places (think the airport where it's very easily to feel stressed and overwhelmed with a baby, a stroller, and everything else you're carrying).

4. It has a cup console...this may seem ridiculous, but having two cup holders is the best - even if it's Sophie who's getting a ride in one of them.


5. It's compatible with many car seat brands...it worked perfectly for Abby's Graco car seat, but it's compatible with a wide variety of brands (Baby Trend, Graco, Evenflo, Britax, Peg Perego, Chicco, Combi).

6. The price is right...as I mentioned before, it was one the best baby purchases we've made...it was worth every penny and it can be reused for baby #2 whenever Abigail grows out of her car seat. 

Bottom Line
If  you're in search of a lightweight stroller and/or if you're in search of a travel stroller, I would highly recommend the Snap N Go.  It truly made our back to back cross country trips a Snap...read more about our adventure {HERE}.


What Else?!?
Friends, Family & Followers...are there other travel strollers you'd recommend? Lightweight strollers you love?  We'd love to hear about them! 


Read more MAQs {HERE}

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! Once I start my registry (which I've been told should be around 6 months? Right?) I will be sure to put it on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Megan! And ya...that timing is probably just about right...I put it off forever, but planning ahead is always a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete