Monday, October 4, 2010

Spotted...I Love You

Another wonderful feature of walking to work?  

On certain days (and I have yet to determine how they decide which days to set up on, but I'm guessing it's weather related), local artists set up shop in Union Square.  

I love it because I get to enjoy the art just as it's being unpacked and put on display.  I also love it because it's quiet, not crowded at all, and everything seems so peaceful.  

What I love the most, however, is one particular piece of art.  It catches my eye every time the artists come out to show off their passions.  I've also seen a mini-version of this particular piece in a window that I walk by every single day on Polk Street.

Needless to say, someday I envision it in my home...displayed beautifully...as a simple yet powerful reminder of San Francisco and the Love that I found here...


Find more of Douglas Brett's work here, at Modern Life Designs.  The only downside is that the 5" version of this is going for $450.00...makes me wonder how much this version is...

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!

Also, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to The Girlie Blog for the shout out on Saturday...you made my day!   

XOXO,
7x7xMommy

Setting up shop in Union Square

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome 7x7mommy! Lovely and unique artwork! Too bad it's so expensive :O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! I wonder if you could get that sculpture as a painting to hang on the wall. Much more feasible, at least for me, to hang artwork than to have sculptures.

    ReplyDelete