Saturday, April 16, 2011

Why is the Easter Bunny so HUGE?

When I was a little girl, I wrote a note to the Easter Bunny saying something along these  lines:

Mr. Easter Bunny...please don't come into my room tonight.  If you could just leave my Easter basket somewhere else in the house, that would be great. 

I posted it on my bedroom window so the Easter Bunny could read it as he hopped down the street and approached our house.

I'm not gonna lie...I was PETRIFIED of the Easter Bunny.  But not petrified enough to turn down his candy.

Yesterday I was reminded why I found the Easter Bunny so scary when we walked into a mall and saw this guy sitting there...


And even though he may have been a little frightening (at least to me), Abigail sat there like the three month old champ she is and stared off to the side while the not-so-friendly camera lady took her picture. 

I'd call this a success. 

I have a feeling this will be the first of many pictures with the Easter Bunny and the rest of the crew (you know, Santa and the others).  

So I'm curious...were you ever afraid of the Easter Bunny, Santa or anyone else?  Are/were your kids? 

2 comments:

  1. No, but I am now... What were they thinking when they made that costume? Apparently not about the mental health of little children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was petrified of all the "creatures", including the whole Disneyland gang. I still don't like the idea of a random stranger dressed up in a huge costume without being able to see his/her face. I have 5 years of pictures of me SCREAMING bloody murder, posed on someones lap, (Easter bunny, Santa, you name it, I hated em.)
    :)

    ReplyDelete