Thursday, August 19, 2010

Early Morning Brainstorming


7x7xMommy Brainstorming Journal
This is only my second post, but I feel like this blog has the potential to take over my life.  Before I went to bed, I was telling my husband that it's not the writing I'm worried about - it's being able to come up with something to write about on a daily basis that intimidates me. 

I'm hoping it'll get to the point where I have followers who write to me with ideas, complaints and questions, but the reality right now is that I'm just beginning...and my Mom and my best friend (and maybe my husband if I beg him) are probably the only people reading my posts consistently.  

"Luckily" for me, my overactive mind woke me up at 3:30AM to assure me that coming up with topics won't actually be that difficult - they just won't enter my mind at the most opportune times.  After thinking of five new topics that I didn't want to forget (and succumbing to the fact that sleep wasn't an option), I decided to get up, go to our office, and crack open a brand new journal at 4:00am.  This adorable journal was a birthday gift from my Mother-in-Law and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.  Now it'll be my official 7x7xMommy Brainstorming Journal...in it holds the future of this blog (no pressure). 

That being said, I don't want to rely on my middle-of-the-night brainstorming forever...I want feedback (and sleep)!  I've set up an email for address for this blog and I hope its inbox doesn't stay empty too long. 

Please write to me...about anything...I love emails, I love questions, I love comments, and I love (and appreciate) constructive criticism. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't guarantee I'll follow all your posts, but so far I am 2 for 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Ali! I can't say I have anything city momma related to contribute, but I will be excited to read your posts! If we ever get to the point when we think we're ready for kiddies, we'll be ready to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete