Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7x7xMommy-To-Be


Being that this is my very first blog post ever, I figured I might as well start out by telling the truth (I need to build up some trust here so people keep reading, right?). 

So here goes nothing...I'm not a 7x7xMommy. 

I barely even know that many 7x7xMommy(s).  In fact, I only know one...well, I know of more, but you know what I mean.  I would only feel comfortable calling one up on the phone asking, "How do you take a shower when you're the only one home?  What do I do with the baby?"  

But this is all OK...because I will be a 7x7xMommy and I hope to meet many more 7x7xMommy(s) - that's what this whole blog experience is supposed to be about...or so I've heard.  I, of course, happen to be the type of idealistic crazy person who actually believes that this blog might bring me new friends, increased wisdom, and overwhelming fame - the last one might be a bit of a stretch, but not a big one...

The truth is that I'm a 7x7xMommy-To-Be.  I think we're all happy this title won't last forever being that it takes forever to type out (OK, so maybe I'm the only one who's happy about that), but it's my title for now, and it'll be my title for the next 4-5 months.  In January, possibly early February, I will graduate to the official title of 7x7xMommy...but I'll get into the whole baby thing in my next post.  

For now, we'll stick with what this Blog is all about. As I mentioned in my profile, I have a confession to make: I'm apprehensive about raising a baby in the City.  I know it's possible - people do it all the time.  I just think it comes with added stresses, anxieties and inconveniences (I hope some of these feelings are just the hormones talking).  But I am here to prove myself wrong. One day at a time. One challenge at a time.  And I'm going to share each small triumph, each tackled obstacle, and each light bulb moment with you...whoever you might be. Let's be honest though (because remember, I'm trying to build your trust here), I'm sure there will be some complaints, frustrations, and meltdowns along the way...you wouldn't really be getting to know the real me if there weren't some meltdowns.  My family can attest to that...

Enjoy!   

4 comments:

  1. Yay! One more thing for me to do on my Exodus out of the city everyday! I can't wait to read about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Ali. Can't wait to read more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! This will be my first blog to ever read and follow! Appropriate, since this little squid will be my first grandchild. MIL,Kay

    ReplyDelete